Friday, January 28, 2011

Radio Robot


Radio Robot came about from some sketches I had been doing for T-shirt ideas.  I had wanted to do another robot character.  I wanted him to be made up of simple shapes and few colors.  I had originally had a different body and arms for him but it wasn't working out and I scrapped them.  I think this body works much better and the boombox (do they still call them boomboxes?) was a last minute addition.  I like that he is an advanced robot listening to a tape player.  I hope you enjoy it.

4 comments:

kmcconohy said...

Juxtaposition rocks! Again the kid wants this shirt. She said "EPIC WIN". I think she is becoming a fan of you work.

peabody00 said...

I am glad your daughter likes my work. :)

Unknown said...

Hello! I'm an English teacher, and every year there's a music fair at my school. My students loved your work, they'd like to make a t-shirt with your robot, to wear at the fair's day. Is that okay with you?

Thanks,
Alice

peabody00 said...

Alice, I am glad that you and your kids like my work. I would be willing to discuss this further. Can you email me at peabodysart@gmail.com and provide more information about the fair and even a link to your school's website? Thanks.