Monday, June 21, 2010

Gushing Rainbows


I know the tragedy in the Gulf is on a lot of people's minds.  I had this idea for a shirt for a week or so but wasn't sure if I should do it or not.  The real purpose is to make someone smile when they see it.  I am not the type of person that sets out to make big important statements about issues with my art.  I try to do my art and hope it has an effect on the person viewing it whether that is a smile, chuckle, grimace, or whatever else.  People add their own experience when viewing art which is why I love doing it.  Let me know what you think.

4 comments:

rojoferguson said...

The BP sun is great.

peabody00 said...

Thanks, I like it to. I appreciate all your support for my artwork.

kmcconohy said...

This is brilliant. The facade' of the beauty of a rainbow how the petrol looks so pretty a subterfuge to cover up the underlying damage of what happens to the innocent while we go around using everything. I will take a shirt for my kid who loved the design, she also noticed the BP logo.

peabody00 said...

Thanks for the comments. Check out the Red Bubble link along the right side for t-shirts.